Monday, January 27, 2020

Challenge X Entry #11 Naval Fortifications

AdamC: Awdry's Atoll Naval Fortifications (40 Points)
For Awdry's Atoll I decided I would build a Martello tower the first level is the required CD the Second an old coaster I was given by work (What does one do with a single coaster? I mean other than make terrain) then I couple of layers of Reaper's plastic bases I got from a kickstarter. 
The Tower is made from the tube scavenged from an old tinfoil box, cut to an appropriate size.
I made a cannon for the roof with a some bits, a balsa wood door, and gun ports made of card and of course a flag staff.
She looks quite right terms of scale and should be tough nut for any attacking naval force.
Next up is a small fort put together with scraps of balsa wood and some putty. 
I got the scale wrong for a true harbour fort in Black Seas but even in 1/700 scale she'll do for small fortification like Fort Montague.
It will serve very well with 1/2400 scale ships. Taken together these pieces fill just under half of a 6 inch cube so I will call it 9 points, pulse 1 point for the flag equalling 10 points for the models. (I can provide dimensions if needed) 
The Atoll adds another 30 to the total for 40 points all in all. I'll need to call on the good Lady Sarah's balloon.


Great scratch-builds Adam. And very useful terrain for Black Seas, etc. I'll go with your suggested points for these.

TamsinP

1 comment: