Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Huzzah! 2019 Flint and feathers

Well My blogging for Huzzah is well behind but I will report some thing on every game.
John and I found our selves playing on the same side in Dean Emerson's lovely Flint and Feathers game.
 John's men were the "patrol force" while mine were the relief force and started off board.
John quickly secured two of three patrol markers and then rushed to engage
The Combat system used cards warriors pick an attack or defence card if they are highly skilled or pick one at random if they are less skilled
John won his first engagement and was able to follow up two interlopers were killed early John's men took some wounds in the process.  I got on the board but pulled  a medicine card this meant I lost a move but got to put down a nasty thicket (upper right of the picture) that would slow down our opponents efforts to combine against us.
Finally my men start making their way out form the Village.
Its a long run to catch up with John... and he's slowly loosing troops and hand to hand fighting and to the skilled bowman the enemy has.
Finally I get in range... my bowmen take down a warrior..
 John is down to just his Great warrior who is trying to slip away.
Our opponents dropped a swam delaying the final clash a turn or two.  When we do engage my great warrior and his companion win the clash and the enemy decides to fall back and away.  This was a fun game and I loved the look of Deans figures and the table.



1 comment:

  1. A great looking little game...and a fantastic atmosphere, lovely terrain!

    ReplyDelete