Tuesday, September 25, 2018

First Bad Squiddo Shield Maidens.

Not long ago I got the Bad Squiddo Kick starter the figures are Great and Annie did a great job keeping us up to date on all the numerous challenges she faced delivering and still got the figures to me in less than a year (orther companies could learn a thing or to about running kickstarter from this one woman operation). 
I picked a few out to start with.  This lass with a sling isn't really painted in Dark Age colors but her hair-do suggested one of my favorite female characters so I painted her to to match. I call her Princess Skyslinger...
I mean seriously... give her a blaster and we are ready to go.
I tried to use silver gray to give the white a little shadowing... it cam out OK but not perfect
I also did a purple edge to the tunic so she wouldn't be too out of place in a Dark Age setting
Next up is one of my favorite of the sword woman.  I'm planning to use her with my Irish wolf hound.  I dressed her in green as befits a huntress.
The Bow is from the Reaper Bones III weapon sprue and the quiver is from the Wargames Factory box set.  I figures a bow made sense for a woman hunting with dogs.  She'll make a fine addition to an archer unit or an archer or ranger for Frostgrave so I should get a lot of use out of her.
I used one of my Irish Buckler type shield rather than the one she came with since it seemed to fit better with characters who uses both a bow and sword.
One of Annie's archers.  Great figure with the suggestion of motion (the whole set has a dynamic quality to it with out being over the top).
There are studs in the leather I might hit them with some bronze or gunmetal paint but I sort of like the look as it stands so I might leave it as is.  I like how she has armor (as sort of brigendine)  over her ordinary clothing like woman responding to an attack on her home village.
 Annie uses axes more than I would but here I think it works suggesting a woman who isn't primarily a warrior (though clearly she is familiar with the bow).  The axe is a tool brought along form home as a secondary weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment